Town of Russell
6 p.m. – May 18, 2021
Town of Russell Garage 35900 State Highway 13; Bayfield, WI
Any person wishing to attend who, because of a disability, requires special accommodations, should contact the Town Clerk at 715 779-5338, at least 24 hours before the scheduled meeting time, so appropriate arrangements can be made.
Due to the CORVID-19 Health Emergency, this meeting will limit attendance to a maximum of 10 individuals.
1. Call Board of Review to Order and roll call.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Confirmation of Board of Review and open meeting notices.
4. Select a Chairperson for Board of Review.
5. Select a Vice-Chairperson for Board of Review.
6. Verify that a member has met the mandatory training requirements.
7. Verify that the Town has an ordinance for the confidentiality of income and expense information provided to the assessor under state law (sec. 70.47(7)(af).
8. Review of new laws.
9. Adoption of amendment to the procedure for sworn telephone testimony and sworn written testimony.
10. Adoption of policy regarding the procedure for waiver of Board of Review hearing requests.
11. Filing and summary of Annual Assessment Report by Assessor’s Office.
12. Receipt of the Assessment Roll by clerk from the Assessor.
13. Receive the Assessment roll and sworn statements from the clerk.
14. Review the Assessment Roll and Perform Statutory Duties:
a. Examine the roll.
b. Correct description or calculation errors, add omitted property. eliminate double assessed property.
15. Discussion/Action-Certify all corrections of error under state law (sec. 70.43, Wis. Stats.).
16. Discussion/Action -Verify with the assessor that open book changes are included in the assessment roll.
17. During the first two hours, consideration of:
a. Waivers of the required 48-hour notice of intent to file an objection when there is good cause.
b. Requests for waiver of the BOR hearing allowing the property owner an appeal directly to circuit court.
c. Requests to testify by telephone or submit sworn written statement, subpoena requests, and act on any other legally allowed/required Board of Review matters.
18. Review Notices of Intent to File Objection.
19. Proceed to hear objections, if any and if proper notice/waivers given unless scheduled for another date.
20. Consider/act on scheduling additional Board of Review Date(s).
21. Adjourn (to future date if necessary).
Posted May 4, 2020 at 4 p.m. David L. Good – Clerk/Treasurer